Monday, December 28, 2009

What truly makes a great mother and teenage daughter relationship?

What should each person contribute to the relationship?


What should or shouldn't each side of the relationship do?


What are general guidelines and characteristics of a good relationship do you follow if you have this kind of relationship?What truly makes a great mother and teenage daughter relationship?
Mom should contribute time, love, energy, understanding, candidness, consistency, and expectations.





Teen daughter should contribute the same, but will probably not. She is too busy testing Mom's love and all the while realizing Mom is not perfect, and hating that. Your teen daughter expects perfection from herself as well, hence the bizarre exploration of beauty and coolness.





Neither side should lie, threaten, steal, or otherwise damage the other or their belongings (or self-image for that matter).





Above all, Mom has to forgive, in the end. Mom must be the one who speaks first after the long silence, no matter what was said before. Mom must always love and forgive. I think the more Mom sticks to the contributions from paragraph one, the faster the teen daughter wakes up and starts seeing the way she is treating her parents.





The best Mom-daughter relationships include doing stupid stuff Mom wants to do, like going to the craft festival, with doing cool stuff Daughter wants to do like rollerskating or going to the salon. (I'm stereotyping here, since lots of teen daughters grow into liking really different stuff...I was like that come to think of it, I wanted to go to the punk music shop and dye my hair indigo - and I eventually did mostly to point out that I could when I was told not to).





Also, Mom should ask about, and listen to Daughter's inane babbling about school, boys, friends, and notes passed in class. Mom should take a few minutes to watch Daughter's idiotic tv shows and talk about it with her. These things are the way to validate her and let her move onto other things as she grows up. In other words, hating something your daughter likes is equivalent to not caring or ';getting'; her, so fake it about 75% of the time until she gets over it. I swear it works.





Mom needs to forget about trying to talk about boring stuff like schoolwork, church, politics, cooking or whatever else your happy family enjoyed before you got the TeeN. Or, Mom should let-it-go more often at least. Daughter will come back to it when she hits about 22....26 max. :)





Hope that helps. I'm not a teen or a mom, but I remember what I needed I think, and that's what I'd like to do for my future daughter.


;)What truly makes a great mother and teenage daughter relationship?
Teenage years can be confusing, and while people in their teens won't admit it, they want to have a bonding realiationship, by making the parents work at it!


---


I don't quite understand you questions, so here is an answer anyway, because I assume you're saying, ';What's a good way to get closer to my daughter?';





Do some of her interests with her, and maybe give her a ltitle more freedom/curfew. Just to show you care. When going to the Movie's, ask her wich movie SHE wants to watch.


When chosing where to go, ask HER.





Being a teenager, they want to make some decisions (easy ones) on their own, so give it to them.





Hope I helped.
You both should be upfront and honest with each other about everything. You should be able to go to each other with any problem you have. You should not judge each other. But make sure you keep that mother/daughter relationship and don't let it become like your girlfriends. She/you whichever this is are still the mother!
I think what makes a good mother daughter relationship is respect, commutation, and love. Me and my mom have a great relationship cause I can talk to her about anything. If you guys just sit down and talk about anything for a while it will help with your commutation skills.
Aaahhh.....teenage daughter and mother......both need to contribute respect and honesty.


most teenagers dont agree on a lot of things with their parents at this age. The mom and daughter need patience, respect, honesty, and COOPERATION. =]






You need honesty and trust. Communication is key. I still believe that children need guidance from their parents and understand why they need it. I don't think its healthy for a parent and child to play ';best friend';.
Mutual respect. Good communication. It takes both people working at it to have a good relationship.
Communication.
it comes from both sides, be her friend and show her you really care but dont over do it you dont want to be annoying
respect from both sides mainly.
love and understanding
Love, Honesty and MONEY!
bribes

No comments:

Post a Comment