Tuesday, December 22, 2009

How come all the teenage females that are desperate for attention choose the Penguins' bandwagon?

I've given up trying to understand why females act like they are sports fans, let alone hockey fans, but am baffled by the fact that the majority of these attention whores claim to be ';diehard'; Penguin fans, a team that was rumored to be moving from Pittsburgh a while ago, because the city basically didn't want them.How come all the teenage females that are desperate for attention choose the Penguins' bandwagon?
Because most girls in general don't follow sports in the first place.How come all the teenage females that are desperate for attention choose the Penguins' bandwagon?
I'm hoping you're not generalizing and referring to ALL females with this blanket statement, and that only some ';act'; like they're sports fans. I, for one, am a Pittsburgh fan, and am proud of it, considering the outcome of the 08-09 season. I think the girls you're referencing are the ones who are obsessed with everything Sidney Crosby and don't understand anything about hockey other than their view that SC is ';sooooo hot and sooooo dreamy';. They claim they're diehard to try and cover that up and try to ';be cool'; though they're really not. That would be what you call fake.
Before I give my explanation, I have to say that I am no longer a teenager (thank God) and that I am no bandwagoner of the Penguins. I was watching them long, LONG before Crosby was ever in the picture. You can choose to believe or disbelieve that, but it's the truth and it's not going to change.





With that being said, I think that teenage girls like to ';hop on the bandwagon';, as they say, for the Penguins because the team is becoming so successful. We have a lot of great young talent, and I guess they consider some of them to be attractive. There really is no clear-cut answer to this question, but that's the basic idea of it.





EDIT: Why, thank you Pierre. You're cool yourself.
Get your facts straight, buddy. Pittsburgh did want the Penguins to stay, they were just having issues with money and couldn't afford building a new arena.





If the reason for possible relocation was because ';the city basically didn't want them';, don't you think that when Mario was threatening to move to KC, Luke Ravenstahl (Pittsburgh mayor) would've told him not to let the door hit him in the a*s on the way out?
I don't like the Penguins because of Crosby or whoever else. personally, I think he's butt ugly. they've got talent, I love hockey. yeah, I don't know EVERYTHING little detail about the sport, but I have a right to watch it and like it and what not. last night I just answered a question like this about the Penguins, and the reason why i'm a Penguins fan right now is because my friend got me into them who's a big fan of the team. i'm not a 'diehard' fan of them, cause i've got my good old Sabres to root for (go ahead, critisize me because that's my team). sorry to sound rude, end of rant.
Generalize much I know many women who love to watch the penguins along with the Steelers. Pittsburgh fans are loyal to their teams always have been and always will be. Umm you do realize that many women themselves play sports including hockey and football, so where do you come up with this crap?





Pittsburgh was not getting rid of the penguins, again, talking crap you know nothing about.
Welll I am female and I love hockey.


I play hockey and i watch it, i follow it like a religion.





I dont say i am a bandwagoner.


I really like evgeni malkin but its not because he is on the penguins.





i am a bruins fan, but i understand what you are saying.





Just ask them a lot of trivia questions, then they will shut up.
Well i like sports and I LOVE hockey!!!! But i really do not like the pens that much.And the only reason that all the teenage girls out there are such ';diehard'; fans of the Pens is all because of Crosby. Yes he might be good looking but he doesn't have all that much skill.The only player i really like on the ream is Fleury, so ya.
The most marketed player will have the most bandwagon fans. END OF STORY! (or common sense that no one seems to have today)





Think JORDAN in NBA 15 r 20 years ago.... how many teenagers had his jersey just to look cool?
Don't you get it? It's the Crosby spell. (Some, but not all) Teenage girls like looks more than talent or skill. Ever listen to the Jonas Brothers? No skill there, only looks that they like. Ever watch that Twilight movie? No acting talent from that Cullen guy, only looks that they like. Crosby? They don't care about his skill, 'cause he's got looks they like.





EDIT: Erin is cool.





EDIT: No, McGregor, I guess it sounds that way, but what I meant was that he does have talent but that isn't why the girls like him.
i'm a teenager but no penguins fan. and they choose the pens bandwagon because they have crosby and most teenagers consider him quite attractive. looks, not talent. but there are some teenage diehard pens fans i know so not all fans are like that
so guys would talk to them and everyone knows about crosby and the penguins and girls think all the pens are hot. and its usually 13-17 year old overweight girls with glasses that are all about sidney
Because the Pens are a exciting team to watch and trust me, they are fun to watch, especiall with Crosby and Malkin leading the team.
There are a lot of them, but not only in Pittsburgh. And your info is wrong, the city had trouble affording a new arena. Get your facts straight before you start bashing people/teams.
The only reasons are the Pens are popular and they think Sidney Crosby is sexy.
Interesting.....I always thought these girls were after the true star of the team......Eric Godard. I mean, heck, he had 4 points..............last season.
They think Crosby is pretty
Pierre - Are you implying Crosby has no skill? I'd say there's plenty of skill there.
It's not just teenagers...it's women my age going to a hockey game overly tarted up with makeup out of the ';whore'; collection with signs I can't repeat here...honestly, should a woman in her late 30's have a sign saying ';Marry me (heart sign) 87!';





Yup, you're a 37 year old divorcee who looks and dresses like a tramp. Of course a 21/22 year old who's been micro-managed since he was 15 is going to find that hot.





Or, said 21/22 year old is going to risk jail time and career suicide to have relations with a 14-year old.





Or, said 21/22 year old is going to risk knocking up some 19 year old (who probably already has one kid). Great move there.





None of this makes sense. Of course, this comes from a devout bachelor in his mid/late 30's.





EDIT: Put it this way-Lemieux was, is, and will always be about Mario above all else. Let's go back to 1984 when he showed his excitement over being drafted by Pittsburgh by refusing to put the team's sweater on. There are numerous other instances of ';Mario being Mario'; throughout his career. Lest we forget, Lemieux was the one who started playing footsie with Balsillie mostly so Lemieux could...wait for it...get paid! I'm not sure where this fanatical support was from about 2001 to 2004 (it wasn't in attendance). This new arena...Mario isn't writing that checque (and if you live in Pittsburgh, new arenas don't grow on trees, so if you want to know who is paying for it, go take a look in the mirror). Much like Lemieux (when Pittsburgh was openly tanking games late in the 1983-84 season...seriously) being drafted saved the club, the club literally won the lottery in 2005.
Because:


Women are attracted to status and power.





Think Bill Clinton, or hell Lyndon Johnson (who according to the rumor mill had more women pass through his bedroom than JFK.) neither of them is particularly good looking, but they both had all the success with acquiring women they could want. Or more recently look at the reality show ';Flavor of Love'; anyone who can tell me Flava Flav is a physically attractive man is using a different definition than I've ever heard.





I'm happily attracted to women, but there are somethings even I notice that don't otherwise make sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment