Thursday, December 31, 2009

What are some good monologues for a teenage guy?

I'm 15 years old and am auditioning for my school's musical soon. I need to have at least ONE FUNNY MONOLOGUE PREPARED AND ONE DRAMATIC MONOLOGUE PREPARED


Preferably MODERN. Please help :)?What are some good monologues for a teenage guy?
I would suggest going to your local library and checking out some books on teen monologues. They have it split up like: Teen Monologues for Males, Comedic, Modern; Teen Monologues for Males, Dramatic, Modern, and then they have some classics. It really depends on what musical it is. If you post that information, I'd be more than happy to put a few monologues down here:)What are some good monologues for a teenage guy?
Hey, try ';What Theo Did'; monologue. Appears in Debra Nuff's ';Sometimes I Wake Up In The Middle of the Night.'; I used to use it in high school. It's a strong piece with a definite journey.





I have my masters degree in playwriting from Carnegie Mellon University School of Drama and posted a few monologues on my site as well - feel free to peruse and use any you like.


.


http://www.gabrielbdavis.com/free-audition-monologues.html
well ,you probably want do this one, but, in school house rock there are a bunch of songs that a guy sings and also talks to the audience(in a way), so you might check that out. Also, there is tom and another guy who are main characters in that, but they are talking in conversations(dialouge not monolouge). GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment