Monday, December 28, 2009

What do you pay a teenage babysitter in your home?

Not a regular gig. Just the average 4 hour night out once in a while. We have never used a babysitter and my little one is turning 3 soon. About time, right?What do you pay a teenage babysitter in your home?
I advise my daughters not to babysit for anything less than $5 per hour for the first child, and $3 an hour for each child after that...





two kids $8 per hour


three kids $11 per hour


four kids $14 per hour.





also they are not to babysit any child with special needs or any child under two, in this way they are not expected to do more than they are reasonably capapble of doing.What do you pay a teenage babysitter in your home?
This advice seems reasonable, however, I wouldn't hire a person under the age of sixteen to babysit my infant child.

Report Abuse



Think of it this way, a happy babysitter will make a happy child that is watched over and cared for as if the child were their own.. a babysitter that feels shorted may be less attentive or caring.. You know??
20 bucks a night was what i got when i did babysitt i mainly baby sat for family and family friends tho





but most of the people answering your question are right on for how much is right
I would say five dollars an hour not too much not too little remember to leave all the contact numbers and if your that worried i would think about getting a nanny cam
I charge at least $10 per hour and have about 6 different families who pay me that amount regularly regardless of the number of children.
What price would you put on your child's welfare? What are your expectations for the caregiver? What price would you pay for your own peace-of-mind? I would suggest $20-$40 for a night out with your spouse. However, ask other couples in your area for advice and recommendations. I would counsel you not to hire anyone younger than sixteen to care for your 2-year old. Make sure she knows CPR and First Aid and she enjoys spending time with toddlers. I've found young people who volunteer or who work in childcare programs to be very responsible babysitters. In general, they've received the above training and are eager to make some extra money outside their regular job doing something they already enjoy. Talk to childcare directors in your area about young people they might recommend.
I would definately say between $7-$10 an hour, based on experience!
$20.00 for four hours should do.
I pay her 20.00 for three boys.
i pay a tenner which is about 20 dollars?
$20 is more than enough.


And to the person that said $50. For $50 I'll come watch your kids!!!!!!
wow that's expensive!! When I was a teenager I got paid $2-$3 an hour and that was only 10-12 years ago. $10 an hour is way expensive you must be from california or something. I think $5 an hour would be fine.
$5.00 an hour and don't ask her to do chores.
$20. Especially if you offer to feed her dinner and you don't expect her to do anything but watch, play with, and maybe put your toddler to bed.





My children are 2 and 1 and I'm going to wait to leave them w/someone too. What I plan to do is get someone with LOTS of babysitting experience. If you live in a friendly neighborhood, ask the other parents who they use and what they pay.





If you pay too little, the babysitter probably won't come back. A teenager will let you know or let her parents know if the gig wasn't worth the money, if you paid her great, and if she'll work for you again!





Have fun!
I'd say $2 - $3 an hour...
You should pay them $5.00 for every hour they work.
I would say around $20.oo easy money if the kid is already asleep.
$20 is what I pay for 1 or 2 little ones but some times me and my friend and our Hubbys go out together and all 4 kids stay with a babysitter and we pay her $50 but we split it and with 4 kids thay play and keep each other entertaind. but she usualy stays the night at my house and I pick her up around 5 so I have time to get ready and go to the store for snacks for them with out kids. If I am going to use a babysitter to watch my kids I am going to get the most out of it!!! And the 2 girls I use have came together befor and that is fun for them. (thay also clean my house befor school starts to make money for school clothes) But I love them and Trust them!!! 4times a yr. they watch my kids.And befor school and Christmas or Vacations I pay them $20 to come clean my house.So being out $160 a yr for My Sanity isn't bad!! It really helps.
you should pay depending on the child like if the child is already in bed, you know depending on what the baby sitter have to do
$1.00 to $2.00 an hour.
10 an hour is the going rate
If I were needing a babysitter I would probably pay a minimum of $6 hour but that depends on where you live as well. And BTW, is it society's opinion that you base your decisions about raising your child on? You might want to rethink that if it is...Society isn't turning out very good results.


You aren't expected to NEED to be away from your child....
$5.00 for every hour u r out...So, 4 hours is $20.00
Atleast 7 dollars if you really like her and she does other things 8-9 a hour. If you want her to drop anything and babysit for you when you want you will pay this!!
$28-$40





($7-$10/hour)





that is generally what i get..





but since it is one child, i think $7/hour is fine
i would think $15 - $20
$3.00 to $5.00 an hour. Discuss it ahead of time with the sitter and her parents and make sure you have cash. You may want to throw in a few extra bucks if she will be preparing meals, bathing your daughter or cleaning up. Also take into consideration transportation. If you have to drive the sitter back and forth don't shell out too much hourly. Welcome to the ';it's a major production to go see a movie'; life. Hee Hee!
about 6.50 to 7.50 an hour
FOR 1 CHILD?


WELL IF IT WAS ALL THE TIME I WOULD SAY 2 DOLLARS AN HOUR BUT ONCE IN A WHILE YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT WORTH IT FOR THE KID I WOULD SAY 20 DOLLARS FOR THE NIGHT.
well if she baby sat for a bout 4 hours and she's not a regular than u should pay high around 25$ and that should make her want to come back again
I would say fifteen dollars

No comments:

Post a Comment