Thursday, December 31, 2009

What is the best prayer for a teenage group?

This prayer can be anything: a poem, a quote, a song. My youth group is going to be in charge of making up an entire service (we're Episcopal) and we're allowed to be creative. I am looking for a simple prayer without the boring old fashioned wording. Something focusing on love for each other might be good.


Thanks for your help!What is the best prayer for a teenage group?
his was written in the first person, because that is how we need to say it everyday over ourselves....unless you say it with someone else, then just substitute ';I'; with ';We';.





My battle is not against flesh and blood, but against the forces of the devil. And God has given me His whole armor to protect my entire being from head to toe. First, I put on the helmet of salvation to protect my mind because that's where fear can come in. After that, put on the breastplate of righteousness because it covers the most vital organ, my heart.





Isaiah 59:17 For he put on righteousness as a breastplate, and an helmet of salvation upon his head; and he put on the garments of vengeance for clothing, and was clad with zeal as a cloak.





Romans 10:10 says that with the heart man believes.





Romans 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.





Next, I put on the belt of truth, which is integrity. When I put it on, I am saying that I'm going to be a person of truth and integrity and put on the real truth, God's truth.





Then I reach down and pull on my gospel shoes of peace so I can walk over the devil's roughest territory in peace. Then I take the sword of the Spirit, which is the Word of God.


When I put the Word in me , then it comes out of me when I need it. Above all, take up the shield of faith to quench the devil's fiery darts. It's a giant shield that can cover my home, my family, and everything that concerns me.





Four times the Bible declares that the just shall live by faith. I don't live by my fear or my money or my circumstances but by faith in God and His Word.





And last, pray in the Spirit every day because Acts 1:8 declares that I shall receive power when the Holy Spirit comes upon me.





Acts 1:8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.





In the day-to-day experiences I face, I need power to overcome satan's toughest attacks. When I'm clothed in God's full armor every day, no matter what life throws at me I can go into any battle confidently because I know I am well-equipped with God's Awesome power!!


What is the best prayer for a teenage group?
the best prayer that i can give you is the book of PSALMS it helps you to meditate the word of GOD and it gives you inspiration. Because Psalms is a powerful and a book of prayer in the Bible... And in order for you to be a creative in prayer you must pray with your heart and feel the presence of God while in praying because we are not only praying in ourselves its the holy spirit who speaks to us.






Simple answer: There is no best prayer.


haha, or pimp out the barney song


God loves you, God loves me


We're all his children and so happy


So we'll kick Satan's butt and send his *** to hell


Dont forget Jesus died for you





Haha, I should so be a song writer
I am looking for a simple prayer without the boring old fashioned wording. Something focusing on love for each other might be good.





(You asked)





Father GOD we love you and thank you for your unbelievable grace. We pray for the Holy Spirit to fall on this place and to light us anew. Help us to keep the main thing, the main thing and remove all the fluffy garbage that hinders us from taking the Gospel to the ends of the Earth.


In Jesus name we pray.


Amen.
well being teenage i'd say read 1 Corinthians 13 versus 1-13 it teaches teenagers the things you need the most to cope with life. ask god of these things for each other and yourself only if it is god's will.... this would be my advice
Hi Caro


I like the song ';I Believe';


it's from the movie '; Honey';


starred Jessica Alba


is the last song in the movie
Try this:





Please mighty God , open our hearts to your true religion Islam and accept us as Muslims. ( it's outstanding and not boring)
BeliefnetDailyInspiration google it; It has prayers for every area....

No comments:

Post a Comment