Saturday, January 9, 2010

What is a symbolic representation of a struggling, teenage author?

I need to find a symbolic picture of my life and all my life I always knew I wanted to be a writer and struggled very hard at it. I sometimes get sidetracked by friends and guys who seem to like me.





What's a good picture to draw? What's a metaphor for my life?





(it's for an English assignment)





Thanks!What is a symbolic representation of a struggling, teenage author?
This might not fit you, but it fit me when I was a teenager with visions of grandeur and just finishing up my first novel. It's borrowed from Plato:





A man with a candle in a vast, labyrinthine and pitch-black cave who constantly tells everybody around him the nature of the world based on his tiny flicker of light.





He might see a little more than those without candles, but somebody who's been wandering in complete darkness might have learned more of the paths of the place from simple experience than can be seen in the dim light of a candle.





The worst part is it still fits me, even though I ought to know better by now ;-).What is a symbolic representation of a struggling, teenage author?
A tree? Trunk of heart's desire, branches of distractions?





A gang, all tricked out, one standing aside with tablet and pencil, but almost ready to be attacked by said gang?





You can do one of your own now... no stealing my ideas!


Take it easy, but take it, (except the ideas ;-} ).
How about a cocoon - inside there is a beautiful butterfly waiting to emerge into a beautiful, sunny world full of people and all kinds of things going on that you can write about? Maybe the cocoon is in a large park where children play as mothers watch, lovers walk hand in hand, people run, old people sit on benches and watch, policemen stroll by, people play chess, some people stretch out alone on the grass to soak up the sun or read -- all future characters in your stories while you - the cocoon waits up in tree waiting to blossom into a beautiful butterfly author.. Pax- C

No comments:

Post a Comment