Thursday, April 29, 2010

What do young females need to do to avoid teenage pregnancy?

Same as my previous question. Think about this question like you have a teenage daughter. What would you tell your daughter about pregnancy? How would you try to deter her away from having the thought of being pregnant?





Again, please be respectful. You never know who you may be helping out with these questions.What do young females need to do to avoid teenage pregnancy?
can you spell ';birth control';What do young females need to do to avoid teenage pregnancy?
easy,


DONT HAV SEX

Report Abuse



I would tell her that its best to wait until you're older and that the first time you have sex it creates a very strong emotional bond (usually). You don't want to have that bond to a person who may not be worthy or at a young age.





However, though I would stress that I want her to wait, I would tell her about condom usage and make sure she has access to them. You can't stop a kid from having sex once they've decided they want to. All you can do is try to instill the morals in them and then make sure they have the knowledge and the tools to practice safe sex if they decide to do it.






Looking back, my mom put too much faith in my teen-aged wisdom. She knew I had some sex education in school and basically told me ';I trust you know what you are doing. Think about what you want out of life and don't screw up.'; Of course, I was a serious, studious teenager and I'd like to think she knew me well enough to know that I wouldn't do anything reckless and irresponsible. Truthfully, that was pretty much all she needed to tell me, but I'd like to think I will be a bit more open in my discussions with my own daughter.





I would encourage abstinence because the best way to not get pregnant is to not have sex. But I wouldn't be so naive as to think she wouldn't be having sex, so I would discuss birth control and condoms with her. Stress not having sex' with someone who is unwilling to use a condom, not just to prevent pregnancy but also disease.





Talk about the way a pregnancy will impact her life - how difficult school will become, how hard it will be to maintain an active social life when she's got a kid to support and take care of. Just basically drive home how much her life will change and how much of a responsibility she will have to take on.






young girls need the basic knowledge of the whole babymaking process. they need to know that they are loved and respected by their parents and they need to know that boys are under as much or more pressure than they are to have sex. They need to know they can talk to you and that you won't judge them. They need to know that it might feel good and natural, but that they need to be very careful when it comes to sex and pregnancy and disease. In order to avoid teenage pregnancy they need to not search for love and respect by the passing boy, but find in themselves the strength to say no or the werewithal to protect themselves.
I stick by my first answer. I would tell her that I wouldn't want her to be having sex at a young age, but if she does feel like she is ready then she needs to take responsibility for what may happen. I would educate her on sex, what it is, where the kids come from. I would let her know that I want her to be safe first and foremost, but I don't want to shame her into thinking that it's bad or she is bad person for thinking or feeling anything sexual. I want her to feel like if something did happen - good or bad, that she can come talk to her Daddy about it.





I don't want her to ever think that sex is bad, but that there are consequences for having it. I think the reason why kids have sex at such young ages is because they have been told it is bad, and are seeing what they can get away with. Those are the ones sneaking around, and are more likely to have something happen than a kid who has been risen to believe that sex is wonderful but comes with responsibility. I think the more honest you are with kids, the more likely they will listen. Talk to them, not down to them.
I have teenage daughters, and we continue to have conversations about all the issues that play into whether or not a teen girl gets pregnant.





First and foremost, instilling a sense of self esteem and ownership of her own body, her own actions and the consequences of her actions. Which means that if and when she chooses to have sex, any consequences of sex - pregnancy, disease or emotional distress- will be hers to deal with. No blaming.





We discuss not only the biology of reproduction, but the emotional aspects of sexual relationships. We use movies and television as launch points for relevant conversations.





My 15 year old has had an educational appointment with a certified midwife. The midwife and I decided that it was not the appropriate time for a pelvic exam. But now, when it IS time, she will not be having a complete stranger performing the most intimate of regular physical examinations on her. I will follow the same pattern with my 13 year old in a couple of years.





A big part of our discussions involves how a caring for a baby would change every aspect of their lives - from sleeping patterns to educational and career options. I have made it clear that I will not take on the role of raising a child born to one of my teenagers.... they will be taught how and expected to do it themselves, with some support from me, but I will not do it for them.





Finally, keeping them busy to alleviate boredom and to have a constructive outlet for energy helps tremendously. So does adult supervision.
Easy. Be chaste. Don't have sex. If you lay the groundwork for this in your daughter *before* she's old enough to have sex, it helps.





Teach her that sex is special and should be saved for marriage. Tell her that her body is precious, and she is worth so much more than to use herself to make some teenaged boyfriend happy until he dumps her for someone better looking. Teach her that if a young man really respects her, he will wait, and if she respects herself she will want to wait also. Make sure she knows that sex makes babies, and no form of birth control can 100% prevent it. And no birth control can protect her heart! Help her understand that babies need a stable 2-parent home, and if she gets pregnant by her teenaged boyfriend the chances are that her baby won't have two loving parents. Let her take care of someone's newborn - it is alot of work, and seeing that may help her understand why waitiing is best.





There are plenty of things you can do. And once she is in a relationship, there are more. Don't let the two of them be alone together. No ';studying'; in her bedroom. No hugging and kissing and cuddling on the couch - they keep their hands to themselves. They have chaperones available when they go places, and group dates are what they're allowed to do for the most part. These are all things my parents did with me as a teenager and it worked. We never slept together until our wedding night. Heck, we didn't even kiss until the preacher said ';you may kiss the bride';. It can work but it takes the whole family's help. BTW...I'm glad we waited! Turns out I get pregnant super-easy so we would definitely have gotten pregnant had we not waited.
Teenagers are naturally self-centered so deterence should be focused around her. Her needs, her feelings....yada yada. How would a pregnancy effect HER life. What does she want? Explain the importance of not having sex just because someone else wants her to. She doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.


I had a child at 16 and although I wouldn't trade her for the world.....it led to a rough life for a while. I am almost 27 and just now getting an associates degree. If she understands the consequences of not having a baby until she's ready then she may take the precautions on her own initiative.
First of all my teenage daughter has already made the choice of not having any children or sex till she is ready. She's watched her cousin's and friends have babies during their high school years and see the enormous responsibility of a child. But as a young child i had told her having sex to early only brings problems. Disease, bad rep., and pregnancy. I also told her it is a painful process giving birth and your body ends up scarred for life! Not only let, the father 9 times out of 10 usely splits and she gets to stay home while her friends go travel and have fun. (because this future grandma don't babysit for her to go out, only for work)
Chastity belt.





lol, jk :P





Seriously, a mom and daughter need to be open about sex. If she can't trust her mom to tell her that she is thinking about sex, then she'll be more likely to do something stupid and end up preggers. Ideally, she should be able to tell her mom so she could get smart advice, such as being on the pill, getting condoms, getting tested, etc etc.





Unfortunately, most moms and daughters don't really fit into this category. Some moms are completely freaked out about talking to their kids about sex, and then wonder how on earth their kids got pregnant.






Women hold all the power in this issue. Tell her that self-respect goes a long way. She has tons of b/c options;pills, shots, implants, patches, etc. She owes it to herself to make every guy wear a condom every time. As delicate as a woman's heart can be, tell her not to rush things, or allow herself to be pressured into things. She can't get her innocence back once it's gone and promiscuity is especially dangerous for women, we are the ones that have to worry more about getting std's and about getting pregnant. Our reputations face a sad double standard; earning the title ****, or the like, is all too easy for a girl. Overall just tell her to take things slow, do them for the right reasons and never to compromise her beliefs. Oh, and tell her that you are there and love her no matter what and remind her that there is a 24 hour pill available if the condom tears.
I really don't understand the question ... aside from reminding a teen of the consequences of indiscriminate sex there is nothing else you can do. Most reasonable teens want to avoid pregnancy and if they aren't overtly avoiding it then you need to get inside their heads, find out why and deal with it.


It's absurd to prescribe 'abstinence' because teens will always have sex.
1. If you're not ready to have kids, either don't have sex at all or don't have unprotected sex.





2. Get on the Pill and insist that your boyfriend wear a condom.





3. Never date a guy who's unwilling to wear a condom (';It doesn't feel the same'; and ';You can't get pregnant the first time';, are not valid excuses).





4. The ';rhythm method'; (pulling out) is a joke.





5. Carry your own condoms so that the moment is not ruined by someone having to run to Duane Reade for condoms.
Encourage abstinence but keep in mind it will NOT make her any less likely to be sexually active. Give her a proper sexual education, and provide her with access to birth control. If she's going to have sex, that's all you can do about it.





I would personally start educating her from a young age, with books on the subject such as ';It's Perfectly Normal,';


http://www.amazon.com/Its-Perfectly-Norm鈥?/a>





You might be hesitant to bring up the subject, but if you don't she'll end up like Palin's daughter. THAT'S what abstinence only education ends in.
Well, geez I don't know..she could always... not have sex.





My girlfriend is not pregnant, and do you know why..because we do not have sex.





The news doesn't tell the truth about how many condoms that BREAK...that happened to my older brother and now I have a nephew 5 years younger than I.





Either don't have sex, or she can start investing in a combination of birth control pills.





But she will have to pay for it herself though, after all, sex is an adult responsibility.





Of course, I'm not just gonna let her take anything before I know its safe, but the bill will come from her pocket.





Of course, all these rules only apply until she is 16. Even then, I won't hate her IF she becomes pregnant, but there's no sense in sugarcoating her about the whole issue either.






Abstinence training won't always work. Teach her birth control, safe sex and hope for the best. Never shy from bringing up the topic. Your child is never too young for anything. Never make the mistake of assumin he/she is. They know and want to know a lot more than parents think they do.





Let me take this opportunity to express my utter amazement at western culture. In India, we never have sex till we're married.
I don't have any daughters but if I did, I would tell her don't have sex at all until you are age 18 and it won't reflect on me and I won't have to support it and you. And you cannot trust any boy when it comes to sex so don't have sex until age 18.






IF I had a duahgter I'd tell her what my mother told me. She wouldn't want a baby unless she's older and married becase there's fat more interesting things to do and accomplish. Use contraception and if you have an accident get a termination.
just tell her about birth control my teenage daughter is bound to have sex just as i did and my mothr, mother in law etc. its the way it is. just get her to use protection
Put an aspirin between their knees and keep it there.





Fact is abstaining is the only think that will avoid pregnancy. All other methods, including withdrawal all carry a risk of impregnation
I'd talk to her about everything. Then if she wants, get her to go on some sort of birth control. Tell her her life isn't going to be all fun and games if she has a baby so young.
I would tell her about all the consequences and if that's not scary enough than have her meet someone who became pregnant and their experiences.
Talk to the girl. Inform her depending on what she knows. Encourage use of condoms or birth control if you suspect that your advice is falling on deaf ears.
Let her babysit a couple of sick babies or toddlers. Then get her on the pill and buy her condoms and pray she uses them. And/or lock her in the closet.
Abstinance. Birth Control fails.
Abstention is the better part of valor.
abstinence.
Don't get semen in your vagina.
Keep 'em closed!

No comments:

Post a Comment